PSOs Basic Course
Iteration: 04 - 15 Mar 2019
e-Prime code : GR 4.17
ETOC Code No : JIA-SC-2012
To prepare officers from different countries for assignment as Platoon Leaders and / or Company Commanders, in PSOs.
- Background Knowledge in PSOs.
- International Organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Preparations of National Contingents.
- Code of Conduct.
- Media Relations.
- Orientation Techniques (GPS Training included).
- Basic Principles of Multinational Operations.
- Mine/IED Awareness.
- PSO Techniques, such as OP - CP duties, Patrolling, Inspection, in theory and
- ROEs and Use of Force.
- Civil Military Cooperation.
- Four days Field Exercise, on Peacekeeping Duties.
- Hygiene and Environmental Issues.
- Cultural Awareness.
- Officers OF-1 up to OF-3 or civilians of equivalent rank.
- English language proficiency as described in STANAG 6001/ Listening 3 - Speaking 2 –
Reading 3 - Writing 2.
- Up to 35 participants. Allocations will be on a “ first comes – first served ” basis.
- Domestic (inland) transportation support (from Thessaloniki airport to the
MPSOTC) will be provided by MPSOTC.
- Accommodation, food and drink expenses are to be paid by the participants (NATO
- There will be no charge for lodging and messing for some PfP, MeD and
other countries,according to bilateral arrangements.
- Duration: two weeks.
- Course fee: 100 € per week.
- Dress: Service and battle uniform.