Sea/Land Border Security and Refugees/Arms/Dual-Use Goods Control
Iteration: 9 - 20 Mar 2020
e-Prime code : GR 73.5
To familiarize Officers, NCOs and Civilians with all aspects of Border Control status, including fight against terrorism, human trafficking, conventional weapons and dual-use goods smuggling across the borders, in order to be capable in establishing, organizing, manning, equipping and training Border Control Units.
- Introduction to International Organizations (IOs) working on Borders Management (OSCE-FRONTEX Structure, Cur- rent & Future Operations on Border Security).
- IOs-NGOs related with Refugees Handling (UNHCR, MSF, DRC).
- Cultural Awareness (overview).
- Legal framework (Human / Refugee Rights, Rules of En- gagement & Use of Force).
- Border Control Unit (BCU) Organization (Duties, Manning, Equipment & Responsibilities).
- Border Checks & Controls (Operations & Techniques). Cyber/Financial Crime Activities.
- Risk management.
- Field Training on Border Control and Coast Guard activities
- OR-3 up to OF-5
- Civilians with relevant work/profession.
- Up to 35 participants (20 slots are available to international students).
Allocations will be on a “ first comes – first served ” basis.
- Domestic (inland) transportation support (from Thessaloniki airport to the MPSOTC)
will be provided by MPSOTC.
- Accommodation, food and drink expenses are to be paid by the participants
- There will be no charge for lodging and messing for some PfP, MeD and other
countries,according to bilateral arrangements.
- Duration: 2 Weeks.
- Course fee: 130 € per week.
- Dress: Service and battle uniform.