PSOs Basic Course
Iteration: 30 Mar - 10 Apr 2020
e-Prime code : GR 73.5
To improve the basic skills of Officers and NCOs or equivalent civilians, to conduct a variety of security and stability activities, focusing on operating techniques and tactics in a multinational environment as an individual or as Platoon - Company leaders in a Peace Support Force, led by UN, NATO, or other IOs.
- PSOs Background Knowledge
- Basic Principles for PSOs
- Inspection Verification
- Legal Implications for PSOs
- Cultural Awareness
- Code of Conduct
- Operation Techniques (Checkpoint, Observation Post, Patrolling)
- Soft Skills (Negotiation-Mediation, Effective Communication, Media Awareness)
- Mine-IED Awareness
- Self/Buddy First Aid in the field
- Land Navigation Techniques (GPS Training included)
- OR-5 up to OF-3 (Military-Police)
- Civilians with relevant work/profession
- Up to 35 participants (20 slots are available to international students).
Allocations will be on a “ first comes – first served ” basis.
- Domestic (inland) transportation support (from Thessaloniki airport to the MPSOTC)
will be provided by MPSOTC.
- Accommodation, food and drink expenses are to be paid by the participants
- There will be no charge for lodging and messing for some PfP, MeD and other
countries,according to bilateral arrangements.
- Duration: 2 Weeks.
- Course fee: 130 € per week.
- Dress: Service and battle uniform.