UN Military Observers Course
Iteration: 25 May - 12 Jun 2020
e-Prime code : GR 73.5
To prepare Officers or equivalent civilians for service as UN Military Observers in any on-going or future PKO im- proving their basic skills required for Military Observers to carry out succesfully their respective roles.
- Introduction to UN Structure, Doctrine, Principles, SOPs.
- Description of UN PKO Legal Framework.
- Main Field Tasks (Observation, Monitoring, Reporting) in- cluding Field Training.
- Dealing with Cultural-Language differences.
- Negotiation - Mediation principles and techniques.
- Media Interaction and Security Awareness.
- Liaison Duties, Coordination with IO’s and NGO’s.
- Investigation - Verification.
- Land Navigation Basic Skills. Field First Aid (Theory/Practice).
- UN Team Management and other Staff Duties and Reports.
- OF-1 up to OF-4 (Military-Police).
- Civilians with relevant work/profession.
- Up to 35 participants (20 slots are available to international students).
Allocations will be on a “ first comes – first served ” basis.
- Domestic (inland) transportation support (from Thessaloniki airport to the MPSOTC)
will be provided by MPSOTC.
- Accommodation, food and drink expenses are to be paid by the participants
- There will be no charge for lodging and messing for some PfP, MeD and other
countries,according to bilateral arrangements.
- Duration: 3 Weeks.
- Course fee: 130 € per week.
- Dress: Service and battle uniform.