CIMIC Field Workers Course
Iteration: 7 - 11 Sep 2020
e-Prime code : GR 73.5
To provide the participants with a set of skills on Civil-Military Cooperation at the tactical level, based on NATO Doctrine and Manuals. This will enable the military personnel to be deployed as CIMIC Field workers’ in NATO missions and the civilians understand what NATO CIMIC stand for.
- Background Knowledge of CIMIC.
- CIMIC Organization and Doctrine.
- Structure and Functionality of IOs and NGOs.
- Approach to CIMIC core functions.
- Principles of CIMIC.
- Staff duties, techniques and procedures.
- Media Relations.
- Negotiation and Liaison principles and techniques.
- CIMIC meetings.
- Legal Considerations.
- Working in a CIMIC Center.
- Practical training, syndicate work and CIMIC exercise.
- Protection of Civilians in PSOs.
- OR-6 up to OF-3.
- Civilians with relevant work/profession.
- Up to 35 participants (20 slots are available to international students).
Allocations will be on a “ first comes – first served ” basis.
- Domestic (inland) transportation support (from Thessaloniki airport to the MPSOTC)
will be provided by MPSOTC.
- Accommodation, food and drink expenses are to be paid by the participants
- There will be no charge for lodging and messing for some PfP, MeD and other
countries,according to bilateral arrangements.
- Duration: 2 Weeks.
- Course fee: 130 € per week.
- Dress: Service and battle uniform.