Col (GRC A) Arampatzis Nikolaos
Colonel (GRC-A) Arampatzis Nikolaos was born in Chrisohorafa, Serres – Greece, in 1967. He was admitted to the National Military Academy in 1984 and graduated in 1988, as Second Lieutenant (Infantry).
His service records include multiple command assignments in various Military Units of the Greek Armed Ground Forces, as follows:
- Mech. Infantry Platoon Cdr (1989 - 1991), Didimoticho.
- Mech. Company Cdr (1991 – 1992 & 1993 – 1996), Amyntaion & Lagada.
- Fire Support Company Cdr (1996 – 1998), Rhodes Island.
- Commander at 572 Mechanized Infantry Battalion (2003 – 2004), Lagos Evros Province.
- Commander at 595 Airmobile Infantry Battalion (2008 – 2010), Nea Santa Kilkis. During his assignment, the Unit was evaluated by NATO (CREVAL) and accredited as “Combat Ready Unit” in NRF-14 under the Command of LCC Denmark. In addition, it actively participated in the Establishment and Readiness Evaluation of HELBROC BG.
- Commandant of the Hellenic MPSOTC (2010 – 2013), Kristoni Kilkis.
During his Military Career, Col Arampatzis Nikolaos has been served in various staff positions of Major formations as follows:
- Instructor and Staff Officer in Infantry School (1998 – 2001), Chalkida.
- Staff Officer in 37th Mechanized Infantry Brigade “SANGARIOS” (2002 – 2003), Lepti, Orestiada.
- Staff Officer in Greek Armed Forces in Cyprus (2004 – 2006), Nicosia.
- Staff Officer in 30th Mechanized Infantry Brigade at Lagos, Evros Province and 71st Airmobile Infantry Brigade at Nea Santa, Kilkis (2006 – 2008).
- J2 (Intelligence) Staff Officer at NDC-GR (2010).
- Defense Attaché in Skopje (2013 – 2016).
- DCOS Ops at Support Division (2016 – 2017), Thessaloniki.
- CIMIC Director at D΄ Army Corps (2017 – 2018).
Col Arampatzis has been assigned as MPSOTC Deputy Commander since 3rd of September 2018.
He has graduated from all mandatory Military Schools & Courses, as well as has been attended different kind of Courses in Greece and abroad, as stated below:
- Hellenic Infantry School Basic Course (1988).
- Military School of Foreign Languages (Department of Turkish Language Learning) - 1992.
- Hellenic Infantry School Company Commanders’ Course - 1994.
- Hellenic Infantry School Advanced Course - 1997.
- Hellenic Army Command and Staff College - 1998.
- Bulgarian Military Academy “G. S. Rakofsky” – 1999.
- Supreme War College – 2001.
- Hellenic Army Command and Staff College – 2006.
- George C. Marshall, European Center for Security Studies (PASS) – 2007.
- NSO - NATO PfP Staff Officers Orientation Course – 2007.
- NATO Terminology Course – 2008.
- Peace Support Operation Basic Course (MPSOTC) – 2012.
- UN Military Observers Course (MPSOTC) – 2012.
- Sea-Land Border Security and Refugees/Light Arms/Dual Use Goods Control Course (MPSOTC) – 2012.
- Hellenic National Defence College – 2015.
He speaks English, Bulgarian and Turkish, C1, B2 and B2 level respectively and has been certified according to NATO standards.
Col Arampatzis Nikolaos has received the following promotions:
- Lieutenant (19 Jul 1991).
- Captain (17 Aug 1995).
- Major (11 May 2001).
- Lieutenant Colonel (17 Jul 2007).
- Colonel (01 Apr 2013).
During his career so far, he has been awarded several medals and honourable distinctions, as follows:
- Golden Cross of the Order of Phoenix.
- Golden Cross of the Order of Honor.
- Medal for Meritorious Command Commendation B΄ Class.
- Medal for distinguished Staff Officers B΄ Class,
- 5 Year Service Distinction in Border Region.
- Ethical Remunerations of Citation (3) and Congratulations (2).
He is married to Myrovali Sophia and has two daughters Asimenia (Masters in Molecular Genetics & Biotechnology - Leinden University) and Eleni (Undergraduate Student at the Law School in Aristotle University of Thessaloniki).