Journalist Protection in Conflict Areas Course
Iteration: 12 - 16 Nov 2018
To provide journalists with a working basic knowledge of protecting themselves in Armed Conflict Areas.
- Familiarization with the Principles of UN-EU NATO PSOs.
- Principles of International Law and Law of Armed Conflicts.
- Protection Issues.
- Self-Medical Care in the field.
- Health Precautions, Hygiene Epidemiological and environmental issues.
- Stress Management.
- Cultural awareness.
- Gender peace and security.
- Checkpoint-Meeting issues.
- Terminology Identification and protection against UXO, EOD and IED.
- Working with language assistant-Fixer.
- Safety and Security.
- Personal Protective Gear.
- Equipment packing list.
- Self Defense.
- Hostage Survival.
- Journalists and media workers who are to be deployed, or are planning to be deployed
in a conflict zone.
- Up to 35 participants. Allocations will be on a “first comes – first served” basis.
- Domestic (inland) transportation support (from Thessaloniki airport to the MPSOTC) will be
provided by MPSOTC.
- Accommodation, food and drink expenses are to be paid by the participants
- There will be no charge for lodging and messing for some PfP, MeD and other countries,
according to bilateral arrangements.
- Duration: One week.
- Course fee: 100 € per week.